Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Products I LOVE


This summer it has been sizzling down south.  The temperature outside has hit 108 F and with the heat index it has felt closer to 115 F.  I could not have made it through this heat wearing my hair down.  I have used these hair clips all summer long.  The two larger clips I purchased in Chicago at a mall kiosk last summer.  The smaller clip I purchased at Ulta.



I like to watch Jennifer on "My House Wife Life" on YouTube.  She also has a blog Organized Jen  She has nice skin and referred the Origins line along with the Shiseido facial cottons.  She also recommended the Clarisonic Plus.  I purchased the Origins products and I am now sold.  I think my skin is more balanced, smooth and clear than it has been in a long time.



Every night, first I use A Perfect World Age-defense treatment lotion with White Tea.  I then apply a very small amount of the Plantscription Anti-aging eye cream around my entire eye area.  Next, I apply the Plantscription Anti-aging serum.  If I am having extra dry skin I will use the High Potency Night-A-Mins every other night.  During the day I apply A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-defense moisturizer with White Tea.  Other than the eye cream, I apply each product to my face and neck area.




If possible, I will never use a cotton ball again.  I am a Shiseido convert.  If you use one of these facial cottons you will be one too.  Thank you Jennifer.  I use one cotton to apply A Perfect World Age-defense treatment lotion each night.  These are so soft and luxurious.  I buy these from Sephora.



Now for the Clarisonic Plus, for the investment vs. return I probably would not purchase it again.  I read the directions and I think I am using it as directed but every time I use it the next day I have a minor break-out.  I use it only on my face.  Maybe I am not using it frequently enough but once I have this break-out I panic and don't use it for a couple of weeks.  It is safe to say I am only using it 2 or 3 times per month.  I have only successfully used it without a minor break-out maybe twice.  Anyone else experience this problem?  I have to admit my face does feel extremely clean after each use.  I do have the deep pore cleaning brush but I have not used it yet.  Maybe I will see more benefit when I try it.


My favorite polish the entire summer has been Fruit Machine by Butter London.  I have painted my toes this pretty pink all summer.  It is a matte pink that covers solid.  My favorite perfumes right now are Coach Poppy and Pink Sugar.  I like the Coach Poppy but I love the Pink Sugar.  If you like the smell of cotton candy and love to smell like cotton candy then this perfume is for you.  I have to be careful with candles and perfumes because certain scents will trigger a migraine headache.  Both of these perfumes do not cause any problems for me.  As you can see, I have almost used the entire bottle of Pink Sugar and I purchased it in May.  I will be buying some more.  All of this was purchased at Ulta.


*All opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not sponsored in any way by the products reviewed.