Friday, August 2, 2013

OMG, Oh My HOG


This was my yard after the landscaper left 2 months ago.  I was so happy with the results that I took a picture and posted it on Instagram.



This is my yard now.




We saw the damage being made to the flower beds but didn't know the culprit until my oldest son caught the little boogers red handed.  There are two of them.  He snapped a picture of them from my kitchen window so I apologize for the quality.



It is difficult to see from this picture but they are baby WILD hogs!

You have to admit they are kind of cute but my gosh, my flower beds look like there have been hogs rolling around in them, touché.  You know the saying, "Where there are babies there is a momma".  Grown wild hogs can be mean and unpredictable.  Now, we have to look both ways before going outside.  These little guys are coming back every night and causing more torment.  Where is Honey Boo Boo's mom when you need her?  I saw an episode from last season where someone ran over a wild hog and called Momma June to come pick it up for the cooking.  Anyone want any free bacon?  I know bad jokes.

Enough of the bad jokes.  We live next to a busy road and there aren't any hog farms nearby so, I do not understand why these animals are hanging in our yard.  Hopefully we will solve our wild hog problem soon and get the yard back to normal.

*No animals were harmed in the photographing or documenting of this post.