Thursday, August 22, 2013

Avery Claire is Here






Around 1:30 AM Saturday night, the phone rang.  It was my MIL and she said my SIL was in recovery  from emergency surgery.  She had been sick all day at work and after she came home the pain was unbearable so they rushed her to the emergency room.  My SIL was 9 months pregnant and was scheduled for induction the next Sunday.  By the time she arrived at the emergency room she was 9 cm dilated.  The baby was in some distress so they performed an emergency C-section.  At that time, there was no news on the baby other than they were working on her.  I called my mom to sit with our boys and we rushed to the hospital.  By the time we got there my MIL had received an update on the baby.  She is/was PERFECT.  My SIL was still in recovery and was going to be ok also.  What a scare.  I washed and gowned up and went in and saw the baby.  She is a doll.  She has a head full of hair and was sleeping peacefully.  We waited for them to move my SIL to her room.  We visited with her for a few minutes then headed off to her house to pick up her daughter , Riley, who is 17 months old.



Riley stayed with me until today.  I am not used to little girls but she was so much fun.  She calls me Aunt Jo Jo.  We played, watched movies, and I painted her toe nails.  I was amazed at how still she was while I painted them.  I gave her a choice of 3 colors and she went for the blue.  I sent this picture to her mom in the hospital.  It is quiet today with her gone and I already miss her.  She is going to have to come stay with me more often.  With a blink of an eye I know they will be grown.